Sunday, March 14, 2010

Simple Desserts Intro

I am a big fan of desserts and the simpler the better. Here is a recipe for an awesome chocolate chess pie like your great grandmother or your great great grandmother used to make. It comes from the Angus Barn Restaurant in Raleigh. It's great with real whipping cream...no Cool-Whip allowed. :)

This pie is great right from the oven.

Angus Barn Chocolate Chess Pie

1 unbaked pie crust (I prefer to bake the crust a little first so it's not soggy in the end)
1 stick of butter
2 squares bakers chocolate (semi-sweet)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
1. Melt butter and chocolate, mix with other ingredients, which have been blended together.
2. Pour into a pie shell and bake 35 minutes (no longer) at 350 degrees.
3. Top with whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!
    I know whats fo desert this month. =D

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I wouldn't even think about using cool-whip though. That stuff is nasty.

    ReplyDelete